A Jumbo Jet Is Not A Helicopter
In This Episode:
- Tim Swanson’s work at Director of Market Research at R3 and the focus of the company.
- A breakdown the differences between public and private distributed ledger technology.
- The circumstances surrounding why blockchain was created, and how FI’s will need to ‘fit for purpose’ to make this technology work for them moving forward.
- The reasons behind the boom in distributed ledger interest within the FI industry.
- R3’s approach to the legal and regulatory issues surrounding this technology.
- The goals of the R3 Global Collaborative Lab
- The misconceptions between distributed ledger and blockchain and how R3’s ‘blockchain inspired’ purpose-built technology came to be created.
- The future of R3 and how they seek to grow into international markets.
- Find Tim Swanson on LinkedIn or Twitter: @ofnumbers
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
About the Author